Kansas Orthopaedic Center
Orthopaedic office seeking experienced outpatient coder. Remote work is a possibility for candidates who are also able to travel to our Wichita, KS, office periodically. Please explore our practice online at: www.koc-pa.com
- Provide appropriate procedure and diagnosis codes for office visits and assist with coding therapy services and surgical procedures when needed.
- Provide assistance to providers with coding updates/changes and education.
- Conduct audits of patient charts for coding assessment purposes and share audit results with providers.
- Set up rules in electronic charge capture software to catch common coding issues; edit rules regarding coding changes and insurances rules, as needed.
- Run on hold reports in electronic charge capture software at the end of each month and resolve any that are outstanding.
- CCS or CCS-P certification
- Associate’s Degree in Health Information Technology or related degree preferred
- Two years outpatient coding experience required, outpatient surgical coding exp. preferred
- Ability to prioritize, work independently, and communicate (orally and written) effectively
- Interpersonal skills to interact with other staff and outside contacts.
- Proficiency with Windows based applications, including Microsoft Word and Excel, and coding software tools
Full benefits, paid time off and 401k retirement plan available
Apply Online: https://tinyurl.com/nrd2km3