University of Kansas Medical Center
Clinical Assistant Professor, Health Information Management
Classification Title: Clinical Assistant Professor
Position Number: J0010868
Hours Per Week: 40
Department: SHP Health Information Management
Campus Location: Kansas City Metro
The Clinical Assistant Professor teaches on campus and online courses offered by the Department of Health Information Management (HIM) to undergraduate students in the Bachelor of Science degree program offered through the KU School of Health Professions Department of HIM. The selected candidate will focus primarily on teaching but is also expected to provide scholarly and service contributions to the department, school, and university. Courses assigned may include Pharmacology Concepts for HIM, Clinical Terminologies and Classification Systems I, Clinical Terminologies and Classification Systems II, and Healthcare Reimbursement. Academic rank, salary, and tenure/non-tenure status are dependent on the education and experience of the selected candidate.
This is a 9-month faculty position.
- Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) or Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) credential
- Master’s degree in a related discipline such as HIM, informatics, business, healthcare administration, education, or similar
- Doctoral degree
- Industry credential(s) such as Certified Coding Specialist (CCS), Certified in Documentation Improvement Practitioner (CDIP), and/or Certified Clinical Documentation Specialist (CCDS)
- Prior higher education experience, including on campus and online teaching as well as participating in curriculum development
- Prior experience in areas of HIM practice requiring advanced knowledge of clinical concepts, clinical documentation improvement, coding, or revenue cycle processes
- Familiarity with online course technologies such as learning management systems and lecture capture systems
- Evidence of previous scholarship such as article publication and/or research
- Evidence of professional service to the HIM profession such as volunteerism with the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA), component state associations of AHIMA, or other relevant professional associations
Physical Requirements: Light
Subject to the regulations of the State of Kansas, the Board of Regents and the University of Kansas Medical Center, I understand and agree that I may be subject to a probation period and during the probation period I serve at the pleasure of the Executive Vice Chancellor of KUMC and my employment may be ended at any time during that period.
- Teach undergraduate courses
- Develop, revise, and teach undergraduate HIM courses, to include on campus and online sections of courses. Supplement course delivery with timely insight into industry expectations and norms.
- Conduct unbiased evaluation of students
- Conduct consistent assessment of student learning and rely on tools such as rubrics for objective scoring.
- Be a professional role model
- Provide mentoring to students and consistently engage with students through appropriate and timely communication. Demonstrate professionalism always.
- Conduct scholarly activities
- Provide presentations to professional associations, publish peer and non-peer reviewed manuscripts, and collaborate with others on such activities.
- Provide service to the Department, School, and/or University
- Participate in committee work in the Department of HIM , KU School of Health Professions, and/or University of Kansas Medical Center.
- Provide service to the HIM profession
- Participate in volunteer and/or elected roles within AHIMA , AHIMA CSA’s, or other relevant professional association.
- Other duties as assigned.
Applications must be submitted directly through the KU Medical Center website to be considered for this position. Any applications submitted via email or this website will NOT be reviewed or considered.
About KU Medical Center:
The University of Kansas Medical Center’s mission is to educate exceptional health care professionals through a full range of undergraduate, graduate, professional, postdoctoral and continuing education programs in the schools of Medicine, Nursing and Health Professions. KU Medical Center also advances the health sciences through world-class research programs; provides compassionate and state-of-the-art patient care in an academic medical center environment; and works with communities in every Kansas county to improve the health of Kansans. Learn more at http://www.kumc.edu/.
KU Medical Center proudly offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits package through the state of Kansas, with flexible options designed to meet the diverse needs of our faculty and staff. To learn more about our options for medical, vision, dental and other insurances, as well as our generous time off policies and retirement options, please visit http://www.kumc.edu/human-resources/benefitsrewards.html.
KU Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disability status, or genetic information.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Apply Online: https://apptrkr.com/1845611