Bothwell Regional Health Center
The Health Information Management Coding Supervisor is responsible for supervising and training the work of staff who review, interpret, code, and abstract medical records information according to standard classification systems; performs data quality reviews; prepares coding reports, and performs other related duties as assigned.
The Health Information Management Coding Supervisor reports directly to the Director Health Information Management.
This position will be performed in a manner that reflects the Bothwell Regional Health Center Mission of working together to provide exceptional health and wellness services.
- Supervises and performs a wide range of activities pertaining to the review and coding of inpatient and outpatient medical record information.
- Establishes, implements, and maintains a formalized review process for coding compliance, including a formal review (audit) process; designs and uses audit tools to monitor the accuracy of clinical coding.
- Performs data quality reviews on inpatient records to validate ICD-10 and other codes; verifies DRG appropriateness; checks for missed secondary diagnoses and procedures and ensures compliance with all DRG mandates and reporting requirements.
- Performs data quality reviews on outpatient records to validate ICD-10, CPT, and the HCPCS Level II and modifier assignments; verifies APC appropriateness; checks for missed secondary diagnoses and/or procedures; ensures compliance with all APC mandates and outpatient reporting requirements; monitors medical visit code selection against facility specific criteria for appropriateness; assists in the development of such criteria as needed
- Provides training of facility healthcare professionals in the use of technical coding guidelines and practices, proper documentation techniques, medical terminology and disease as they relate to the DRG, APC, and other data quality management.
- Continuously evaluates the quality of clinical documentation to identify incomplete or inconsistent documentation that impacts code selection
- 3-5 years inpatient coding experience using ICD-9-CM, ICD-10/PCS, CPT, HCPCS.
- 2 years coding management experience.
- Health Information Management experience.
- Required: RHIA, RHIT, or CCS certification
Apply Online: http://www.brhc.org/careers