This site was created by the MoHIMA I-10 Taskforce to capture news, ideas, educational plans, and other materials in preparation for ICD-10.
The site is open and accessible to any MoHIMA member and we welcome any additions you may wish to share.
Sharing materials will help all members succeed in this major coding and classification change. To submit a resource, please email us at email@example.com.
Rose Dunn and Deb Beezley
ICD-10 Innovative Ideas
- HIMSS ICD-10 National Pilot Program
- Study Stack Flash Cards
- CSA ICD-10 Activities
- Electronic Efficiency Energizes Educational Experience
- Cutting Communication Chaos
- 5 ‘Gotchas’ of ICD-10 Implementation
- Roadmap for Implementation Outline
- Stakeholder Roadmap
- ICD-10 PCS Device Key 2012
- My Gotcha Moment—Dicey Device-ology
- EMR Template Innovative Idea
- ICD10 and Your Documentation Gap Analysis and Link
MoHIMA Webinar – ICD-10 Taskforce: New Implementation Tool for MoHIMA
- AHA is offering free webinars to help health information/coding professionals prepare as the ICD 10 transition date nears
- AHIMA ICD-10 Trainers
- AHIMA ICD-10-CM/PCS Implementation Toolkit
- Articles by Component State Associations
- AHIMA ICD-10 Website
- AHIMA Audio Seminar – “From Point A to ICD: Successfully Implementing ICD-10” Recorded 3/30/11
This free audio seminar includes discussion by an HIM professional on the work that her organization is doing to prepare for ICD-10-CM/PCS implementation (her discussion starts on slide 40 and is a significant part of the presentation). It was interesting to hear what they are doing, what they’ve learned, and tips that she had to offer. The first part of this audio seminar covers very useful information that has previously been published by AHIMA. The audio is worth 1 CEU.
- AHIMA CCHIIM ICD-10 Continuing Education Requirements for AHIMA Certified Professionals (& Frequently Asked Questions for Recertification)
- AHIMA CodeWrite
To access CodeWrite, visit MyAHIMA and access the AHIMA Coding Community of Practice. You will see the most recent issue of CodeWrite (and past issues) posted under CodeWrite Newsletters (filter).
- AHIMA Presentation Slides for the ICD-10 Medicaid Project February Meeting
- AHIMA ICD-10 Newsletter
- ICD-10 Regional Office Toolkit for External Partners – Sept 2013
- CMS Alert July 26, 2012
- AHIMA & HIMSS -ICD-10 Critical Pathway for Getting Started – 2012 and Beyond
- CMS Sponsored ICD-10 Teleconferences
- Link to CMS Education Registration Site
- 2011 ICD-10-CM/PCS Files PostedThe Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) have posted the 2011 versions of the ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS code sets and general equivalence mappings (GEMs), including addenda files listing the changes.
- CMS Listserv
- ICD-10 Implementation in a 5010 Environment Follow-up National Provider Conference Call – CMS – September 13, 2010
- CMS Provider Resource-ICD 10 Email: CMSProviderResource@CMS.HHS.GOV
- ICD-10-CM/PCS Implementation and General Equivalence Mappings (Crosswalks) Overview from CMS
- Claims that cross I-10 implementation date
- Physician Practices
- ICD-10 Critical Pathway for Getting Started – 2012 and Beyond
This tool could be useful for facilities and practices that have not started their ICD-10 migration project prior to January 2012.
- HIMSS Website
- ICD-10-PCS Presentation
- ICD-10-CM Everything You Need to Know … For Now
- Letter that was sent to CEOs, CFOs by MoHIMA I 10 Subcommittee
- Links to FY 2017 Coding Change Articles
- Physician Office Resources
- Presentation: Transition Plan for Physicians
- Governance ICD-10 Project Structure – Mercy
- OneLook Dictionary Search