Don’t forget to apply for KCHIMA’s Student Scholarship!
The Kansas City Health Information Management Association (KCHIMA) is pleased to announce that applications are being taken for this year’s Student Scholarship Awards. In order for your application to be valid you must:
- Be an AHIMA member
- Be a KCHIMA member
- Be enrolled in a CAHIIM approved associate, baccalaureate or masters program OR
- Be enrolled in a AHIMA approved coding certificate program OR
- Be enrolled in a post-baccalaureate degree in an accredited institution of higher learning OR
- Have graduated from any of the above mentioned programs within the past 12 months
- Demonstrated active involvement in KCHIMA activities (e.g. volunteering at Fall Symposium, serving on Student Advisory Board or Social Media Committee, promoting the HIM profession through student events outside of the KCHIMA realm (specific school functions).
- Have a letter of reference from an HIM faculty or faculty from your program of study AND
- One letter from a professional whom you have had prior involvement
Postmark the application by March 1st for consideration – no late applications will be considered.
Scholarship recipients will be notified prior to the May KCHIMA Meeting with the hopes that you will be able to attend for public recognition.
Apply on KCHIMA’s website.