MoHIMA CCS Exam Prep
CEUs: 8.0 – Clinical Data Management
CCS Exam Prep WebEx Schedule:
Tuesday, November 6th – 8am – 10am
Tuesday, November 13th – 8am – 10am
Tuesday, November 20th – No Class (Break for Thanksgiving)
Tuesday, November 27th – 8am – 10am
Tuesday, December 4th – 8am – 10am
MoHIMA is partnering with AHIMA to offer a great learning opportunity.
Several members across MoHIMA have requested a CCS Exam Prep course to assist them with preparation for the CCS examination.
MoHIMA and AHIMA have come up with the current learning opportunity to be able to accomplish this.
We are going to offer an online CCS Exam Prep over the course of 4 weeks vs. as an 8 hour one-day course.
CCS Exam Prep Virtual Learning Outline
Sessions will be 2 hours with a 10-minute break; there will be 4 Sessions as outlined below.
Pre-work: Includes testing technology to ensure they can access WebEx (required) and a reading assignment related to documentation (recommended)
Session 1: (2 hours) – November 6, 2018
- Introduction to virtual learning and how to use the participation tools – 30 minutes
- Domain 1: Clinical Documentation
- Intersession work: coding examples for inpatient (required); reading related to inpatient reporting (recommended)
Session 2: (2 hours) – November 13, 2018
- Domain 2: Diagnosis Coding (inpatient)
- Domain 3: Procedure Coding (inpatient)
- Domain 4: Reporting Requirements for Inpatient Services
- Intersession work: coding examples for outpatient (required); reading related to outpatient reporting requirements (recommended)
Session 3: (2 hours) – November 27, 2018
- Domain 2: Diagnosis Coding (outpatient)
- Domain 3: Procedure Coding (outpatient)
- Domain 5: Reporting Requirements for Outpatient Services
- Intersession work: TBD relating to next session
Session 4: (2 hours) – December 4, 2018
- Domain 6: Data Quality Management
- Domain 7: Privacy, Confidentiality, Legal and Ethical Issues
Requirements To Attend the Training:
- AHIMA CCS Prep Handbook: Required for the CCS Prep Course.
- AHIMA CCS Examination (Sign-up): Must meet Eligibility Requirements.
(Click here to view the requirements)
- CCS Exam Prep Class Attendance: Held via WebEx.
(Note: Prices listed below for AHIMA exam book and test may change depending on when the purchase is made. Please refer to the AHIMA website for current pricing.)
Here are the instructions if you are interested in this opportunity:
First Login into myAHIMA to get your membership pricing for #1 and #2:
- CCS Prep Handbook: Purchase online at AHIMA.org
- CCS Exam: Purchase/Register online.
- CCS Prep Course: Register Below!
Access instructions for all four webinars will be provided in confirmation email.
For technical assistance with the webinar, please contact email@example.com
Webinars are non refundable.
When you register online, you will have the option to pay by mail with a check or pay online with a credit card (AMEX, MasterCard, Visa, or Discover).
If you are paying by check, select “mail a check” under payment options. You will later see instructions to print the confirmation page and mail your payment to KnowledgeConnex. The mailing address will be on the invoice. Make your check payable to KnowledgeConnex and include the confirmation/order number with the check. Checks that do not reference the confirmation number will be returned to you and will not be applied to the registration.