Washington University School of Medicine
The position is responsible for the development and implementation of a compliance education program which fosters privacy awareness and compliance with applicable regulations, standards and policies. Position also facilitates privacy incident reporting and investigation and assists in the prevention of breaches.
- Oversees, develops and delivers initial and ongoing privacy education and training to the workforce. Facilitates and promotes activities to foster privacy awareness and compliance.
- Provides compliance advice and guidance to all departments on privacy matters to ensure compliance with applicable regulations, standards and policies.
- Manages privacy incident reporting, response, mitigation and investigation processes; prevents breaches of protected health information.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures to ensure compliance with HIPAA privacy and breach notification rules; communicates changes and proposes new or revised policies and procedures as necessary.
- Maintains current knowledge of applicable federal and state privacy laws and monitors advancements in privacy risk mitigation strategies.
- Conducts privacy risk assessments and ongoing compliance monitoring.
- Develops, recommends and maintains appropriate HIPAA-compliant consents, authorization forms, privacy notices and other materials consistent with current regulatory requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
A Bachelor’s degree in health information, nursing, or healthcare related field with a minimum of 3 years relevant work experience required. Certification from HCCA or AHIMA within 12 months of hire.
Previous experience in an academic medical setting and the Epic medical record system. Certification from HCCA and/or AHIMA; Certified in Healthcare Compliance (CHC), Certified in Healthcare Privacy Compliance (CHPC) or Certified in Healthcare Privacy and Security (CHPS) is preferred. Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills, strong analytical, organizational, research and collaborative problem-solving skills; superior sense of judgment, confidentiality and discretion.
Current knowledge of applicable federal and state privacy laws.
Instructions for Resume Submission:
For more information contact:
HIPAA Privacy Officer
To apply, visit job #43517 at https://jobs.wustl.edu/