Kansas City Health Information Management Association Scholarships
The Kansas City Health Information Management Association (KCHIMA) is pleased to announce that applications are being taken for this year’s Student Scholarship Awards. In order for your application to be valid you must:
- Be an AHIMA member
- Be enrolled in a CAHIIM approved associate, baccalaureate or masters program OR Be enrolled in a AHIMA approved coding certificate program OR Be enrolled in a post-baccalaureate degree in an accredited institution of higher learning OR Have graduated from any of theaforementioned mentioned programs within the past 12 months
- Demonstrate active involvement in KCHIMA activities e.g. volunteering at Fall Symposium, serving on Social Media Committee, promoting the HIM profession through student events outside of KCHIMA such as HIM functions at your school.
- Complete the online application using the link below
- Have a letter of reference from an HIM faculty or faculty from your program of study
- Have a letter of reference from a professional whom you have had prior involvement (work, school, community, etc.)
- Applications and letters must be submitted by April 1st for consideration – no late applications will be considered
Scholarship recipients will be notified prior to the May KCHIMA Meeting with the hopes that you will be able to attend for public recognition.