MU Health Care
Overseeing a staff of approximately 22 staff members, this individual will assist management in the supervision of the clerical, operational, fiscal, and personnel activities of a designated section of the Health Information Services Department.
- Assist management in interviewing, selecting, training, and counseling staff in the Health Information Services Department.
- Plan and assign work to staff in the Health Information Services Department.
- Demonstrate to staff appropriate methods and procedures to complete work assignments.
- Review staff’s work in progress for adherence to appropriate methods and procedures and completion of work in a timely manner.
- Instruct and advise staff on changes in policies, procedures, and work standards.
- Monitor staff’s workload and productivity in order to meet the department’s workload and productivity standards.
- Assist management in monitoring department operations and objectives to ensure quality services are being provided.
- Assist management in monitoring the department’s Release of Information section.
- Participate as a representative from the Health Information Services Department on assigned hospital committees.
- Relate to patients, faculty, and other hospital personnel in providing information, maintaining control functions, and acquiring necessary information as needed.
- Maintain oral and written contact with patients concerning invoices pertaining to collection, medical record fees, and other inquiries.
- Supervise gathering of data for compilation into various reports.
- Compile data, as necessary, for annual departmental budget and recommend budget for assigned section.
Associate’s degree in Accounting, Business, or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be obtained is required.
Minimum two years of experience in a revenue cycle department is required.
- Previous supervisory experience to include the selection, training, coaching, and disciplinary actions of staff. Experience with daily operation flow.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel (especially pivot tables)
- Proficient with Microsoft Access report writing.