The Health Information Management (HIM) Manager provides leadership to the consolidated HIM operation and ensures the proper maintenance, confidentiality and accessibility of patient health information. This position implements departmental policies, introduces best practices and oversees their compliance with regulatory agencies. This position also manages a team of health information management professionals to provide accurate and timely services.
- Manages individual(s) including but not limited to: hires, trains, assigns work, manages & evaluates performance, conducts professional development plans. Ensures that the productivity and actions of that group meet/support the overall operational goals of the department as established by department leadership.
- Develops and adheres to departmental staffing, revenue and/or expense budgets. Responds to changes in the business which may affect the ability to achieve the budget goals.
- Manages a team that provides enterprise-wide health information management services for BJC hospitals; develops and implements processes towards meeting and/or exceeding desired results.
- Identifies opportunities and leads the effort to improve enterprise wide HIM functions; utilizes evidence-based practices to benchmark and create standard work for optimal efficiency and results.
- Serves as subject matter expert and liaison between HIM, healthcare providers and other hospital/BJC leaders; builds relationships to support a collaborative work environment; facilitates and/or participates on hospital, BJC system, and medical staff committees.
- Serves as a subject matter expert on HIM-related matters; maintains in-depth knowledge of HIM functions; stays abreast and applies understanding of hospital bylaws, internal and external regulations; ensures operations/results remain compliant with internal and regulatory requirements. (ie. BJC Corporate Compliance, TJC, CMS)
- Ensures that HIM strategic goals are in alignment with those of BJC and Revenue Cycle Management.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree- Health Information Management
Experience: 5- 10 years
Supervisor experience: 2-5 years
Licenses & certifications: RHIA/RHIT
Note: not all benefits apply to all openings
– Comprehensive medical, dental, life insurance, and disability plan options
– Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan
– 401(k) plan
– Tuition Assistance
– Health Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
– On-Site Fitness Center (depending on location)
– Paid Time Off Program for vacation, holiday and sick time
*Pension does not apply to Memorial Hospital, Memorial Hospital East, Memorial Medical Group, Alton Memorial or Parkland Health Center
Apply Online: https://bjc.jibeapply.com/jobs/1198925?lang=en-us