The Credentialing Reimbursement program was established to encourage new graduates to sit for the credentialing exam. This policy will be re-evaluated every year to determine its effectiveness in increasing the number of credentialed HIM practitioners in the state of Missouri. Current funding allows MoHIMA to provide a maximum of $200 per student who successfully pass the exam. Future implementation of the policy will be dependent on the funding available to the state association.
This program initiates with the class of 2002 graduating class.
MoHIMA encourages graduates of HIA/HIT programs in the state of Missouri to take the AHIMA credentialing exam. Each graduate will be offered a portion of the exam fee to offset the cost of the exam.
- At the time of application, the student must be a member of AHIMA and have selected Missouri as the component state association.
- Student must take the exam within one year of graduation.
- Student must present documentation that they have passed the exam.
- Student must have graduated from an AHIMA accredited HIA/HIT program located in the state of Missouri.
- Requests for reimbursement must be within 90 days from the date of passing the exam.
- Education programs will be notified in January of each year of the policy.
- Upon completion of the exam, student must complete the online Reimbursement for Credentialing Exam Entrance Fee Application which includes proof of a passing score to the program from which the student graduated.
- After verification of documents, the packet will be forwarded to the Office Coordinator for processing.